It’s frustrating to spend time and money producing a great video, only to have it sit unwatched on your YouTube channel. If you’re looking for ways to get your YouTube videos in front of more prospects, here’s an idea for a cost-effective, targeted, and easily measurable lead generation campaign using Google Ads and your existing video content.
In your Google Ads account, click the “+” button to create a new campaign, select “Video” as your campaign type, then click “Placements” and “YouTube channels.”
Search for YouTube channels that attract the audience you’re looking to reach. I recommend searching by keyword on YouTube first, and then pasting each channel’s URL into the Google Ads placements search box.
Here are some popular B2B channel options to help get you started:
- Inc. Magazine (https://www.youtube.com/user/incmagazine)
- Keep Productive (https://www.youtube.com/user/cesidalessio)
- Business Productivity (https://www.youtube.com/user/bizproductivity)
- Salesforce (https://www.youtube.com/user/salesforce)
- LinkedIn Sales Solutions (https://www.youtube.com/user/LISalesSolutions)
- Selling Power (https://www.youtube.com/user/SELLINGPOWER)
- LinkedIn Talent Solutions (https://www.youtube.com/user/LITalentSolutions)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) (https://www.youtube.com/user/SHRMofficial)
- FitSmallBusiness (https://www.youtube.com/user/FitSmallBusiness)
- Entrepreneur Magazine (https://www.youtube.com/user/EntrepreneurOnline)
- Content Marketing Institute (https://www.youtube.com/user/CMI42)
- Marketo (https://www.youtube.com/user/MarketoB2B)
Choose your video ad’s delivery method. I recommend testing both options to see which works best for your particular needs.
Once your campaign is active, be sure to add a clickable call-to-action overlay to drive potential leads to your landing page.
Have an idea for reaching targeted B2B prospects with YouTube? Please share it in the comments.